Children develop in different ways and at different ages they also react differently in certain situations. All the managers and coaches at Redhouse Farm Football Club are attempting to give everyone of the
players a worthwhile experience and help them enjoy and appreciate the game of football. We also want to help them to become team members and understand the importance of teamwork but also develop their individual skills.
Parents and supporters have a major part to play in the development of
young players by showing a positive sporting attitude at all times.
During training sessions and games always remember Young players are not playing to satisfy your own ambitions. Young players are involved for their enjoyment, not yours.
Let the coaches’ coach. You have entrusted the care of your child to the coaches and they need to be free to do their job. If a player has too many coaches, it is confusing, especially at the younger age
groups, and their performance could decline.
You have a responsibility to encourage young players to play by the rules of the game:
- Applaud good play by both teams.
- Teamwork and given 100% are more important than winning, accept losing as much as you accept winning and turn negative situations into positive, e.g. “hard luck, but next time”.
- Never ridicule or shout at players whether they are your child or his/her team mate or even the opposition.
- Never publicly question the match officials, never doubt their honesty.
- Never publicly ridicule the coaches and remember to recognise the importance of all coaches who give their time to help develop your child.